Saturday, June 16, 2007

Beads and the Single Lampworker

Since I've entered the single life back in August, I haven't had much time or inclination to make beads, or for that matter, jewelry. There's just been too much going on - including romance of various kinds.

Being a creative soul, I have found various outlets for the need for closure when a period of dating someone ends, and I need to sever the connection. So for a while, I wrote a poem about each person.

For some reason, facing the need for yet another termination, this time from someone I thought would be a good match (for the first time), I was drawn back to the torch. I chose colors for a bead that reflect his character, as far as I know it. When I finished this bead, I was compelled to make another that I thought would reflect my own character. This process was very interesting and revealing; I recommend it! Now, when I say goodbye, I can hand him "himself" as a closing gift - and let go of him in more ways than one. I can also keep myself. And I can remake myself as many times as necessary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Just happened upon this blog. That's an awesome idea. I think I may have to adopt it.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home