Saturday, July 29, 2006

And now for something completely different

While I really try to stay on topic with this blog, sticking to glass or at least jewelry, sometimes I am compelled to add in the odd other bit. This time it is political, but very close to home at the same time. So apologies to readers who expect only lampwork entries, but it is my blog, and I guess this falls more in the category of "musings" than "lampwork."

The topic today is the Israel-Hizbollah conflict, and the perspective on it is quite unique. It is a video of an Arab woman psychiatrist speaking on Al-Jazeera TV about the bigger context of the conflict. It has subtitles in English, but it's high-bandwidth and some on dialup have trouble viewing the video, so here is a link to the transcript. The video can be viewed here. If you have trouble, go directly to http://memritv.org and search for Wafa Sultan.

There is so much more to be said on this topic, but I don't want it to get lengthy here. I just felt that this perspective was worth sharing and unlikely to get as much exposure as some others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home