Monday, April 24, 2006

"Process" vessel, Stage 2



Here is the vessel post-PMC. You can see the silver around the neck and coming up from the bottom. Since the glass had a matte texture to it, not quite like sandblasting but still rough, I decided to try the tinting method we learned in class on it as well. The results are mixed. They'd be much better, no doubt, with real sandblasting. But it's very cool that the silver worked. It had a matte texture, too, so I tried tinting it green, and it took a little.

A problem I found was that the crack I felt before was the tip of the vessel breaking off, and I didn't notice it while the vessel was in the flame and I could have done something about it. So the tip isn't as nice as it could be, and I had to grind it a bit to make it less dangerous, so some silver was lost off the bottom too.

This was a really cool experiment! Thanks, Tink!

If you look at my boutique's lampwork selection now, you may notice that it's mighty thin. That's because a couple of friends bought a whole bunch of beads from me. I'll post more as saleable ones become available!

Click here to go to the main blog page.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,
I'm adding a link to your blog under: http://jewelrymaking.about.com/od/jewelryblogs/

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home