Saturday, April 01, 2006

Second try at yesterday's entry

Yesterday, I was a very silly person, because I rebooted my laptop before uploading my most recent blog entry that I'd spent a while writing. So here's a recap:

Although my blog has been quiet, all has not been dead on the lampwork front. In February, I invited a terrific student and his mother, who is also an artist, to my studio to see the process of lampwork. I made one bead (time was very short), and the mom made a bead with pretty colors but very sharp edges.

The next week at school, I brought the beads that we'd made to school and gave the one I'd made to the boy as a gift. He gave them to his mom, who when she saw me, held up the bead I'd made and joked, "I think you need to learn from me how to make a bead, to improve your technique." Israelis and their sense of humor!

The only other time since then that I've been on the torch was last weekend, when what I'd learned at the Jerusalem Gathering last summer finally gelled, and I made a better floral bead than ever before. I have photos of this and other jewelry pieces all ready to be cropped and put on my site, but I simply have not had the time to do so, because I was finishing the first edits of my novel, which is now being critiqued. Posting the pieces will happen soon!

To look forward to (terrible grammar, I know): Tink's class tomorrow in Connecticut. A recap will follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home