Saturday, May 20, 2006

New glass and stories

I've had some time at the torch this week, and now I have some time to write about it! The first piece I was able to make wit my own lampwork is a colorful necklace that's a bit of a break-out for me. I don't usually use these kinds of color combinations. These beads came about because I was struck by the beauty of a bead I made in a demo for two of my fifth grade students and one of their moms. One boy chose the colors. These beads use almost the same colors, except I realize now that I used gold dichro the first time, not blue, and that would have worked better. But these still turned out nice.

Another cool thing about the necklace is that it uses coral-colored beads that were brought back for me from India from the other boy's family. Thank you, J & S!





Photo of the cool fifth graders in their safety goggles: J (left) and S (right).


The other beads that came out nice include breast cancer survivor beads with pink dichroic sparkles inside. This bead was inspired by S's mother, who just completed the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Research, wearing the first of these beads. Congratulations, Noni! It's hard to capture the delicate sparkle in these beads, but I hope the photo gives a sense of what it's like. Click on the photo for purchase information.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE PINK BEAD IS SOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home