Wednesday, September 27, 2006

New year, new place, new beads

Just after the Jewish new year, I unpacked my lampwork stuff and made beads in my new place. I had been worried that there wouldn't be enough room to put all the stuff, but it actually fits quite well. The kiln is also doing fine on the wiring here; it's great that it's such a low-power kiln. The ventilation isn't as great as I'd want, so that's one thing that will have to be addressed soon.

My Minor torch is going to have to stay in storage for a while, until I can find a place where I can use more than a Hothead. There is no place to safely put a propane tank here (though I did pick a new one up cheap last week). So now I have the torch and the tank. Now I just need a place, the hoses, and an oxygen concentrator. Minor needs (pun intended)!

If the beads come out from the kiln and look pretty, I'll post pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home