Friday, September 02, 2005

Hurricane Clearance

All day today I have been mulling how to help further with hurricane relief. Beyond helping my sister's family, my teaching job and online business don't provide the funds to make larger contributions.

Therefore, I decided to run a clearance sale on some of my older merchandise, which I was planning to do anyway, and donate the proceeds to hurricane relief. The sale will run through September 30, and everything in the Hurricane Clearance category will cost 30% less.

I hope everything sells! If so, that'll be close to an additional $350 for hurricane relief. If it goes well, I may add other items to the sale as well.

Apologies for another non-lampwork-related entry! Other things seem to be taking precedence for now. Hopefully I'll be able to torch again soon... but honestly, I'm a little stymied by the delay of my kiln, which was supposed to have arrived by now. I'm frustrated by glass beads breaking because they weren't annealed in time. Hopefully soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home