Thursday, August 04, 2005

More on Demos, and Upcoming Podcast

Last time, I promised to write more about the other demo done here. It was simple and sweet, for my co-homeroom teacher, Claudia, and her children. I made a cool bead that turned out lopsided, but as the eldest girl pointed out, it looked perfect as a drop bead. "Yeah, I meant it to look like that!" was the decided outcome of this fun encounter. I'll try to post pics later.

The girl made a bead, too. It turned out nice. She was the youngest person I've taught to make a bead, and it was only because she's exceptionally responsible and crafty, and her mom was right there. It's definitely a challenge for those who are lampworking for the first time to remember everything !

My main project right now has been preparing a podcast series connected with my jewelry and personal development work. Tonight I composed a piece of music for an audio download to be made available soon, about how to detect the nature of a stone for yourself. The podcast itself will be about why you would want to do this instead of just taking what others have said the properties of the stone are. I'd love to make the detecting audio free of cost, but it is just taking too much of my time to be able to do that. The cost will be low, though.

Other than that, glass has been on my mind, with lots of reading, but no doing other than the demos. Soon, though! The studio awaits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home