Saturday, June 18, 2005

The show taping is done!

And the house is a mess, and I'm too sleepy to clean it up. Last night I took an allergy tablet to try to prevent asthmatic laryngitis for the taping. It backfired, because it kept me up with my thoughts spinning, so in total, I probably only had about three hours' sleep. NOT the best way to have your one-time TV appearance!

But it's all right. I managed, though my voice went bad a couple of times. The taping took a long, long time, from 8 AM to 2 PM. It was a lot of work! But the crew had a fun time together, and it was entertaining just watching them.

On the bead, I messed it up a few times, but managed to rescue it. Phew! It would not have been fun trying to make the bead several times over. I wore contact lenses for the shoot, which I don't normally do, and my didymium glasses kept falling down, since they wanted me to have them loose to be able to put them up and say things while looking at the camera. Also, the torch was very loud, and they asked me to speak over it. Then we went back through and I repeated everything I had said the first time with no torch in the background this time. This taxed my voice. So the segment may show me messing up the bead, or not. Who knows!

I scared the producers and crew with flying jump rings when cutting them. Fun stuff. Also, one kinda cool thing is that they taped me doing the lampwork in front of a light green tablecloth I use for shows. We were joking that they could turn it into a "green screen," where they could project any kind of scene behind me, setting my studio wherever they liked. Paris, a forest, a desert, zooming down the highway, whatever!

Anyway, it's finished now. Time for a nap.

Here's a photo of the crew with me after the shoot. Left to right: Ryan the sound guy (thus headphones), Eric the camera guy (thus the camera); Celia the producer, me looking wiped out, and Lorelei the producer. Smile for the camera, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonara Blu Maui said...

Yay! It's done! Now I hope that they show it here in Hawaii..I"m not sure if we get that show. What network shows it?

Congrats to you though! I think it's awesome that you took this on and even did lampworking when you are just learning yourself! (though by the look of your beads you look like a pro to me!)

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home