Monday, May 30, 2005

Treasures from Debbie

I just returned from another visit to Debbie S.'s house. She had an old pair of didymium glasses she was willing to pass on to me, which will be a big help for the show (cross that one off my list!). While I was there, we also cut a bunch of mandrels that I purchased from her, and I also got some gorgeous frit from her.

She showed me a bunch of beads she had received at the WetCanvas Gathering. Wowee! So many amazing beads, and it was great to see them in person. I even got to see a real kidlet by the original designer, Lori Peterson. It's much smaller than I've been making them, which would actually be easier to make, I think!

Anyway, I'm very grateful to Debbie for helping me out so much. It's been wonderful to have a resource like her so close by. She even shattered my stuck bead for me, rescuing the mandrel, with far less explosiveness than I had managed!

She was also encouraging about the quality of my beads, even the terrible sculptured flowers. It's good to feel like continuing, when I see there is so much ahead of me to learn.

Also, fun news - I've gotten in contact with lampworkers in Israel who are getting together with each other and other visitors in July, when I plan to visit. Woo hoo! Who woulda thunk it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

The Gathering is the ISGB annual conference. I assume you know about them? If not, their website is www.isgb.org.

Have a great day.

Debbie

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home