Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Latest beads

I haven't torched in the last couple of days, as I've been busy with some orders. But I was able to take photos of my latest beads to post here.

I've received nice offers from lampworkers to batch anneal my beads for me. Yippee! I'm also on the lookout for a decent kiln, but in no hurry at the moment.

Photos:


This bead came out with some beautiful patternings in it, which I guess is an inherent property of the glass, according to Debbie. And the dots mostly came out okay, but I had trouble with one, so it got to be too big. Obviously I haven't cleaned the bead release out of it yet.


I call this one "creamsicle" because it reminds me of a grape creamsicle, with the colors and patterns that turned out in it.

My last bead won't come off the mandrel. Plus it was a real experiment that didn't turn out well; it's pretty ugly, I think. My first bead I don't think is worth salvaging! Not a bad record so far.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonara Blu Maui said...

Looking good Susan!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home