Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The untimely demise of my hotheaded new friend

This is a reprint of a message I sent to the bead buying group through which I bought my kit. It amused some people, so thought I'd reprint it.

Note beforehand: this is about a torch, not a man. Sorry to disappoint!

I had high hopes for my newly-cleansed torch, but they were soon dashed to bits like so many rods into frit. The torch lit up at a higher flame than before, but not easily, and still bushy. I turned it off to put on my glasses.

The second time it was much harder to light. When it was finally lit and I'd been working with it for a bit, I smelled gas... I turned off the torch and aired out the room in case the odor was left over from when I'd been trying to light the torch.

The third time, I lit it (still difficult) and didn't smell gas, so I started melting my rod. (Boy, there are so many double entendres in this message; the rod was even skin-colored!)

A few minutes into it, when the rod was finally forming a nice knob on the tip (LOL), I saw steam or smoke coming out the side of the torch. True, it had been soaked the night before, but it had been drying all day on a very dry day today.

Anyway, that's when I called it quits with this bad boy altogether. Finite. No more. No more cleaning, soaking, or nothing.

I'm obviously too much woman for this torch head. Heck, I'm too much woman for the whole kit, which spent several days in a Fedex warehouse avoiding being delivered to me! (Any word on that shipping refund, Wendy?) Obviously I will be a true genius whenever I am finally able to start this up. Or a guardian angel is preventing me from burning the house down... it's got to be one or the other!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home